Huerfano County is currently seeking applicants for a Finance Officer.
The successful candidate will ensure the County’s financial transactions are recorded in a timely and accurate manner, with sufficient internal controls to safeguard the assets of the County. This individual will provide direction in the development, implementation, management, and reporting of the counties operating and capital budget. Additionally, they will manage the county wide grant administration and supervise the preparation of financial statements, audit, and long-term debt while also coordinating the preparation and monitoring of the County’s annual budget.
What you Will Do
- Compile information for budgets; prepares budget documents; reviews budgets, policies, and forecasts for adequacy of fund balances and financial soundness.
- Oversee the administration of grants countywide. Ensure proper accounting of grants, compliance with grantor agency requirements and financial reporting obligations. Monitors grant expenditures and revenue reimbursements.
- Manages financial controls and accounting procedures.
- Prepare audit reports and ensure full transparency over the financial performance of the county.
- Oversee payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable to ensure compliance of county procedure, timeliness of entries, and accuracy.
- Monitor process of quarterly tax payments and year end process of payroll functions.
- Assists the County Administrator in special projects as needed.
- Maintains fixed assets database and reconciles reports.
- Communicates and interacts effectively with individuals and groups at all levels; informs interested and involved parties of matters requiring attention.
- Ensures compliance within the department with applicable polices, rules, regulations, and laws.
- Process annual insurance premiums – CAPP renewal.
- Daily and timely finance correspondence by email, mail, and phone.
- Process vouchers and invoices as requested.
- Processing of reoccurring invoices, lease payments, insurance etc.
- Reconcile County Health Pool, prepare supporting documentation and inform payroll monthly.
- Reconcile miscellaneous accounts and prepare appropriate journal entries.
- Reconcile county credit card and make payment.
- Assist payroll with quarterly and end of year earnings and withholdings and run W-2’s. Performs year end closings.
Your starting annual salary will range between $55,000 – $70,000 depending on your experience.
Applications are available here and are accepted at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or visit http://www.huerfano.us
You are someone who effectively exceeds expectations by building productive relationships and taking responsibility for their actions. You actively participate as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals while producing quality outcomes. You take great pride in proactively managing time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently while accomplishing objectives and achieving goals beyond what is required.
At Huerfano County, we hire creative, forward-thinking problem-solvers who love what they do! In addition to possessing the ability to live out our core values daily, candidates must possess the following requirements:
- Knowledge of governmental budgeting, accounting, and auditing principles, techniques, and processes; of public administration theory and principles as applied to the fiscal management of government programs and administration; of applicable federal, state, and local laws and policies; of county government operations.
- Grant financial management.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Skill in the operation of a computer, and knowledge of payroll principles, practices, methods, and procedures.
- Ability to deal with employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with 2 years’ experience in a corporate or government accounting position.
Join our team! If you are looking for an opportunity to make an impact, and get excited about doing interesting work that matters, then apply now and begin your next professional adventure. We can’t think of a better place to put your talents to work.
The work is mostly sedentary with periods of light physical activity and is performed in office surroundings. Typical positions require works to walk or stand for long periods; lift and carry up to 20 pounds; climb stairs; and bending.
Work is subject to frequent Interruptions and Inflexible deadlines.
The duties listed above are intended only as Illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work Is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Huerfano County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.