In accordance with Colorado House Bill 21-1085, the Huerfano County Board of County Commissioners passed Resolution 2022-47 adopting the Huerfano County Secure Transportation Licensing Regulations.
Beginning January 1, 2023, all Secure Transportation Services must be licensed, and all secure transportation vehicles must be permitted, by the Counties in which they operate. Secure Transportation Service Licenses are valid for a period of three years. Secure Transportation Vehicle Permits are valid for one (1) year and must be renewed annually.
Application Forms and Regulatory Documents
Huerfano County Secure Transportation Licensing Regulations
State Standards as of the Time of Adoption (“Appendix A”)
Secure Transportation Service License Application
Attestation Form for Secure Transportation Service License (Applicant may use this form or create their own)
Secure Transportation Vehicle Permit Application Packet
- Upon receipt of all required documents and fees and completion of required vehicle inspections, license and permit applications shall be scheduled for a hearing before the Board. The Board shall approve license and permit applications upon making the following findings:
- All submitted documentation demonstrates compliance with the State Standards and these Regulations.
- All vehicles sought to be permitted comply with the State Standards and these Regulations.
- The secure transportation service Manager, Administrator, and personnel meet the requirements set forth in the State Standards and these Regulations.
- If the Board denies a license or permit application, it shall advise the applicant in writing of the reasons for the denial.
- Secure transportation service licenses shall be valid for a period of three (3) years.
- Secure transportation vehicle permits shall be valid for a period of one (1) year.
- An application to renew a license or vehicle permit must be submitted no later than thirty (30) days prior to expiration of the license or vehicle permit. License and vehicle permit renewals shall follow the same requirements and procedures as new applications.
Instructions to Submit Completed Applications
Huerfano County Board of County Commissioners
Attn: County Administrator
401 Main Street, Suite 201
Walsenburg, CO 81089
If dropping off in person bring to:
Huerfano County Finance Office
401 Main Street, Suite 310
Walsenburg, CO 81089