Call 911 in Emergencies
For non-emergencies, please call 719-738-1044
Sign up for CODERED
Is an electronic emergency notification system that enables local public safety personnel to notify residents and businesses of emergencies that may require action.
WEATHER WARNINGS: Severe Thunderstorm, Wildfires, Flash Flood, etc.
EMERGENCY EVENTS: Evacuation Orders, Shelter-in-Place, Gas Leak, Boil Water Advisory, Amber Alerts
GENERAL: Community events, Road Closures, etc.
Please be aware that once registered, some notifications that are received will NOT necessarily constitute an emergency situation. CODERED exists so Emergency Officials can share information that should be used to establish situational awareness and make informed decisions.
You can register online or by phone.
To register by phone, call Huerfano Emergency Dispatch at 719-738-1044
This is the easiest and our recommended way to register.
Use this link to register online.
Please make sure your address pin is in the correct location on the map
If you are getting notifications for an area that you do not live in, this is because the pin on the map is not at your home address.
- If you registered online, please login to your account and move the pin to the correct home address.
- If you registered via form or calling dispatch, please call 719-738-1044 to correct.
The following acts are prohibited on County public and private lands, roads, and trails under Stage 1 Fire Restrictions:
- Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire or campfire except a fire within a permanent constructed fire grate in a developed campground. EXCEPTION: If fire is a requirement to do business (e.g. a barbecue restaurant), then said business shall be requested to meet mitigation guidelines commensurate with the size and location of fire and the level of fire restriction enacted.
- Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials.
- Possessing, discharging or using any type of fireworks or other pyrotechnic device to include sparklers. This order does not differentiate between lawful use or careless/negligent use of fireworks, but prohibits all fireworks activity and use on public and private lands.
- Operating a chainsaw, blasting, welding, or other activities which generate flame or flammable material for any purpose other than mitigation planning. Must have mitigation equipment on hand. For example: chemical fire extinguisher, shovels, spark arrester, etc.
Pre-planned prescribed burns are allowed only when they are permitted, in writing, by the Fire Chief of the respective Fire District. It is STRONGLY SUGGESTED that all planned controlled burns shall be reviewed by a qualified representative of the fire protection agency having jurisdiction, for the purposes of pre-planning. This will assist the fire department in responding in case the controlled burn escapes.
- Building maintaining, attending, or using a fire or campfire. EXCEPTION:
- Propane grills are allowed if the grill can be turned off with a knob or the flip of switch
- If fire is a requirement to do business (e.g. a barbecue restaurant), then said business shall be requested to meet mitigation guidelines commensurate with the size and location of fire and the level of fire restriction enacted.
- You MUST call Huerfano County Dispatch at 719-738-1044 with start time, end time, and location of activity.
- You MUST call Huerfano County dispatch at 719-738-1044 with start time, end time, and location of activity.