The Huerfano County Board of County Commissioners has scheduled a public hearing on increasing water and sewer rates for the Gardner Public Improvement District to occur during a workshop on Tuesday, November 29, 2022 at 1PM in the Raymond Aguirre Community Center. A link to join the meeting via Zoom is included below.
The following changes are proposed for water fees:
- Base Fee for the first 3,000 gallons would increase from $32 to $36
- Per Gallon charges for usage above the base:
- between 3,001 gallons and 6,000 gallons would increase from $2.50 to $2.75
- between 6,001 gallons and 10,000 gallons would increase from $3.70 to $4.10
- above 10,001 gallons would increase from $6 to $6.60
- Bulk Water Charge, per gallon, would increase from $0.04 to $0.05
- The following new charges would be created
- A monthly inactive fee of $13
- An in district Bulk Water Maintenance Fee of $10 per month
- An out of district Bulk Water Maintenance Fee of $20 per month
Sewer Fees are proposed to increase from $25 per month to $28 per month. The Gardner School currently pays $50 per month, which would increase to $56 per month.
The Rate Study conducted by GMS is the basis of these increases. The rate study was presented in March 2022 and is available for review here. After the public hearing the new rates will be considered for formal adoption at a Special Commissioners Meeting on December 6th at 10AM in the BOCC Meeting Room at the Huerfano County Courthouse.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 825 5051 1219