Applications will be available on the County Website, www.huerfano.us, on Thursday, February 16, 2023 and must be received by Huerfano County by 4:00PM on Tuesday, March 21, 2023. Any application received after that time will not be considered. Applications MUST be submitted through the form provided.
Procedural and technical questions are to be submitted in writing to Carl Young at firstname.lastname@example.org
Scope of Funding
The County will consider requests to provide project support or general operating support.
The County will only consider project requests that impact or benefit Huerfano County residents or a community within the County.
Projects should be able to be completed within 12 months of award. The County may commit funding for a project with conditions to be met before the County actually provides the funding to the recipient. For instance, if applying for a construction project the County will likely not provide funding until the building permit is pulled and an agreement with a contractor to perform the work is signed.
The County will not fund more than 50% of the current or ensuing phase of a project.
General Operating Support:
The County will only consider general operating requests from organizations based in Huerfano County and operating programs to the benefit of County residents.
Operating support will be granted based on the organization’s 2023 budget or the 12-month period beginning after funds are awarded.
The County will not fund more than 50% of the organization’s budget for one of the periods above.
The County has budgeted $100,000 for this program. These funds are obligated from the American Rescue Plan Act State and Local Recovery Fund for non-profit support. The County may choose to allocate additional funds or source awarded amounts from other funds.
Applications MUST be submitted through the form provided here: https://wkf.ms/3xo5s5N
Each application must include the following documents:
- Certificate of Good Standing from the Colorado Secretary of State, dated within the last 6 months.
- Completed W-9
- Screenshot of the organizations SAM.gov account showing active or under review status.
- Tax Exemption Determination Letter from the IRS (For Non-Profits Only)
Applicants may only submit one application, but may include multiple requests within that application. For each request the applicant should provide a written narrative of no longer than 4 pages that includes (1) a description of the funding request; (2) an itemized budget; and (3) answers to the following questions:
- What specifically will the funds be used for? For projects only, what is the proposed timeline for completion?
- What is the expected impact on Huerfano County?
- What will be the consequences if you do not receive the funding requested from Huerfano County?
- Have you applied to other agencies, foundations, or governments for these funds? If so, who and what is the status of that request?
- What is the organization’s plan for future sustainability? If requesting project support, how will the project be maintained going forward? If requesting general operating support, how will the organization fill this funding gap in future years?
- How much funding are you requesting from Huerfano County?
- What percent of the total budget (either project or operating) is this request?
Applications are accepted from Community Organizations and Non-Profits. Individuals are not eligible.
Community organizations are not required to be incorporated and may use a fiscal sponsor to receive the funds on their behalf. Non-profit status is not required, but funds must be used for a community purpose and benefit.
Applications will be reviewed by a committee of County officials and employees. The review committee will determine eligibility and award amount. Award amounts will depend upon the number of applicants, availability of funds, demonstrated need, and long and short term impact on Huerfano County. Additional information or a presentation may be requested before or after funding is awarded.
Once funding decisions are made and approved by the Board of County Commissioners, applicants will receive a funding award notification, which will outline terms and conditions of receiving funding. Huerfano County reserves the right to offer awards at an amount different from requested. Funds will be distributed by check after all terms and conditions are met. All funding decisions are final.