The purpose of the Gardner Main Street Advisory Board is to serve as the steering committee for
the economic development master plan and the Gardner Mixed Use Development Plan and
generally advise the Board of County Commissioners on issues and projects in the Community
The Gardner Main Street Board meets on the second Wednesday of the month at 6PM in the Ray Aguirre Community Center.
Duties, Responsibilities, and Authority
The Duties of the Gardner Main Street Advisory Board are as follows:
- To review a draft Request for Qualifications for a consultant to develop the economic
development master plan and plan for the development.
- To serve as the review committee for responses received from said RFQ.
- To familiarize themselves with the tools, resources, and best practices of main street
revitalization and development
- To familiarize themselves with Gardner’s water situation and future needs.
- To consult with businesses located in the Upper Huerfano region and throughout the
County to understand their needs for workforce housing
- To consult with the Spanish Peaks Regional Health Center, the Gardner Valley School,
and Huerfano RE-1 School District on their needs for workforce housing and how they
can help improve the quality of life in Gardner
- To work with the selected consultant to seek broad public input from residents of Gardner
and the Upper Huerfano Region on both the economic master plan and the development
- To advise the Board of County Commissioners on issues related to improving the
economic health quality of life in Gardner.
- To coordinate efforts with the Raymond Aguirre Community Center Board.